The safety and health of our guests and staff is our top priority.
Athos Thea Luxury Rooms with a high sense of responsibility participates in the collective effort to limit the spread of the Coronavirus COVID-19 with consistency and responsibility by faithfully following the instructions and protocols of protection and prevention of the Qualified Authorities. Our main concern is the health of our customers, our partners and our employees.
The measures we are taking at Athos Thea Luxury Rooms for protection against COVID-19 based on HEALTH PROTOCOLS are:
The lodge has developed an action plan to take measures, prevent and manage possible Covid-19 cases, in order to limit the spread of the virus to staff and visitors.
The action plan complies with the recommendations of EODY.
According to the Plan, the lodge management has appointed a health coordinator to oversee its implementation and a physician acting on the instructions of EODY to control COVID-19 in a suspected case.
The lodge notifies the measures and requirements of the Action Plan to all interested parties (internal and external bodies / partners, employees, contractors, suppliers, visitors and the general public)
Lodge File and Book of Events
- For the purposes of public health protection, the lodge management keeps a record of the staff members and all persons residing in the property (name, nationality, date of arrival and departure, contact details such as address, telephone, e-mail), so that it will be possible to communicate with the close contacts of any COVID-19 impact, which may be identified afterwards.
- There is due diligence and safety in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and all visitors and staff are informed that a file is kept for reasons of public health protection.
- There is also a recording and updating of the service book and events.
All members of our staff:
- Have been informed about how the Covid-19 virus is transmitted and are able to provide information to visitors.
- Are trained in cleaning and disinfection practices, following hygiene rules to avoid transmitting the virus (frequent hand washing, avoidance of handshakes, physical distance, avoidance of hand-eye contact, nose and mouth and respiratory hygiene).
- Equipped with personal protective equipment (masks, gloves).
- Undergo a temperature test every morning.
Reception and facilities:
- Antiseptic for visitors, at the entrance of the lodge and in the common areas.
- Floor marking of distances in the waiting area, appropriate arrangement of furniture in order to reduce the waiting time.
- Frequent disinfection of reception offices.
- Employees keep the proper distance (at least 1.5 meters from customers).
- When requested, employees can inform visitors about hotel rules and new measures taken.
- The lodge provides information leaflets on basic health guidelines and useful information for visitors.
- For every emergency, a medical kit is available that includes gloves and masks, antiseptics, cleaning wipes, aprons, long-sleeved robe and laser thermometer.
- Staff are able to identify the symptoms and report them to the health officer.
- All keys are sanitized in a special oven.
Cleaning, disinfection, housekeeping of rooms and common areas:
- The lodge implements enhanced disinfection practices in accordance with the instructions of EODY.
- In addition to regular cleaning procedures, all “high-risk” items (e.g. knobs) are sanitized often on a daily basis.
- In all public areas there are hand sanitizers. The rooms are cleaned after check-out, with special attention to the touch points.
- Daily cleaning and changing of sheets, pillows and towels is done only at the request of visitors.
- TV and air conditioning remote controls have disposable covers.
- Fabric surfaces (e.g. furniture upholstery) are cleaned with a steam appliance (temperature> 70°).
- The rooms, after check-out, remain empty and are adequately ventilated.
- Customer information with special marking about when and how the room was cleaned.
Air conditioning and space ventilation
In all rooms of the lodge, the instructions are applied by the Ministry of Health for “Taking measures to ensure public health from viral and other infections when using air conditioning units”.
- Regular maintenance and chemical cleaning of air conditioners.
- Continuous filter cleaning.
- Ventilation fans have been replaced with ones of new technology.
- Fan coils have been replaced with ones of new technology.
- Regular maintenance and replacement of filters using and taking all protective measures including respiratory protection.
- Care for the systematic natural ventilation of the space through openings (windows, external doors) and even the parallel use of air conditioners.
COVID-19 Suspected Case Management Plan
If a visitor shows symptoms compatible with COVID-19 infection, the following apply:
- The doctor with whom the tourist accommodation cooperates is called to evaluate the incident.
- If the patient is in urgent need of hospitalization, presenting a severe clinical picture, he is referred to the relevant health unit, as a suspected case of COVID-19. If it is not possible to manage a COVID-19 incident from the health infrastructure of the area, there must be a provision for transporting the patient (EKAB, boat ambulance, air transport) to the nearest health unit where he can receive medical attention.
- If the patient has a mild clinical picture, a sample for laboratory confirmation of COVID-19 is obtained from the physician.
- If the incident is assessed as possible COVID-19 by the examining doctor, the health manager of the lodge communicates IMMEDIATELY with EODY at 210 5212054 or the special four-digit number 1135 (24 hours a day), for instructions on how to deal with the suspected case.
- The patient with a mild clinical picture remains in his room until the results of the laboratory test are announced.
- During the above waiting period, the entry of staff into the patient’s room is avoided, if there is no significant reason. If necessary, a staff member of the lodge is advised to deal exclusively with the possible case.
- The doctor and staff of the lodge who will enter the room of the suspect or later confirmed case must use high-protection personal protective equipment (PPE) (masks, goggles, waterproof disposable robes). The same goes for the staff who will deal with the cleaning of a patient’s room with COVID-19.
- If confirmed as a case of COVID-19, it is transferred to the special quarantine hotel and later to a health facility that will accommodate patients with COVID-19 if they need treatment. If not confirmed as a case of COVID-19, it is treated at the lodge with the instructions of the treating physician.
- The patient is transported by PPE (simple surgical mask) and private means of transport.
- If there is a companion of the patient who wishes to stay close to him to take care of him (e.g. spouse), he/she should be given a simple surgical mask and advised to wash his/her hands every time he/she comes in contact with secretions of the patient (e.g. saliva) and definitely before the attendant touches his/her face or eats or drinks.
- The patient’s contact details must always be recorded if consent is required for interventions where the patient cannot communicate.
- Used protective equipment (simple disposable surgical mask, gloves) should be discarded in a bucket and never used again.
- After disposing of protective equipment, hands should be thoroughly washed with soap and water. It is emphasized that the use of gloves does not replace hand washing, which is a very important means of prevention.
For a further detailed description of the measures taken, contact us at email@example.com